Do you have Questions? Feel free to our office at
330-405-9421, M-F, 10AM-5PM EST or Email us at email@example.com
Frame Shop / Gallery Equipment
Section 4: Canvas
Frequently Asked Questions...
- Q. How much does the 60" Gallery Stretcher weigh?
- A. About 48 pds.
- Q. How large can you build a Gallery Stretcher?
- A. 8 ft.
- Q. How tight is the stretch?
- A. Imagine a pair of canvas pliers 60" wide that can grip the canvas all
- Q. What if I am stretching canvas onto a 3" high wood
- A. There are no height limitations.
- Q. Can a canvas be over-stretched?
- A. Yes. The operator should be familiar with the canvas medium and
should always start a stretch using no more than 15-20 psi and increase it
- Q. How much pressure is needed to stretch a canvas
- A. Approximately 15-20 psi.
- Q. Can I damage a canvas or tear it using your machine?
- A. Yes, however, this would usually happen if the canvas were degraded
- Q. Can your machine do Gallery Wraps?
- A. We designed this machine for that very purpose, however, it is also
capable of producing regular stretches.
- Q. What is the largest sized stretcher bar it can
- A. It can handle stretcher bar between 3/4" - 3 1/2" wide and there are
no height restrictions.
- Q. Can a 60" machine stretch a canvas that is slightly
larger than 60"?
- A. Yes. It will require finishing the corners with a pair of canvas
- Q. Are pneumatic components reliable?
- A. Yes. We chose pneumatics because of their reliability and
- Q. Do I need to purchase a "Long-Nosed" pneumatic staple
- A. No.
- Q. Does it require any electricity?
- A. No.
- Q. How much excess canvas do I need to have past the
- A. Ideally 1.5" - 2" pass the stretcher
- Q. Do I need to cut the excess canvas out between the
- A. No, however, it does make for a cleaner more refined look.
- Q. What size staples should I use in my staple gun.
- A. We recommend 1/2" crown and 3/8" leg.
- Q. What are the air requirements?
- A. 100 psi @ 3CFM or greater
- Other points to consider:
- Open clamp design allows you to do larger canvas widths where other
designs can be limited
- Where other machines may take 2 people to stretch larger canvases, where
The Canvas Stretcher needs only one.
- Other machines may be more awkward as you will have to reach behind to
- Other machines may need to be jacked up or raised to do 60" canvases.
- The Canvas Stretcher requires only 1 1/2 " of
canvas beyond stretcher bar, other competitor may require 2" or more.
RETURN TO: The Canvas Stretcher
60 / 96
CLICK HERE FOR AIM's CATALOG INDEX OF SKYLINE, STADIUM, AND SPORTS PRINTS - WHOLESALE SUPPLIER TO GALLERIES AND FRAME SHOPS
Visa/MasterCard/Discover/Debit/Certified Check or Money Order
Produced By: A.I.M. Enterprises, Inc.
(c) Copyright 2012 All rights in all media reserved.
Canvas Stretching Machines, Gallery Artwork Art Canvas Stretching Machine Frequently Asked Questions, The Gallery Stretcher 60 90 Machine, New Frame Shop Gallery Stretching Machine, Promo Codes for Gallery Stretcher,
Saving Code Free Shipping on Gallery Stretcher, Frame Equipment Catalog, Art Framing Equipment Dealer Distributor Supplier,
AIM Enterprises Wholesale Supplier of Framing Equipment to Galleries and Frame Shops,